Ideas for Japan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ideas for Japan

Post  shadowdowclasper on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:52 pm

I don't think Japan would have just been steam rolled by Russia, after all, they were already becoming a serious power by the beginning of WWI. They certainly weren't an unimportant nation.

I don't think they'd have maintained a huge presence on the Asian main continent, but they'd certainly have maintained control of their own islands against the Soviets.

My idea is rather than giant robots, which Red Alert 3 did and it all felt a little out of place honestly, the Japanese would be hardcore traditionalists powered by Kami and BUSHIDO. A signifigantly skilled Samurai can cut a soviet nuclear destroyer in half without breaking a sweat for example. Not that any of those would get close to Japan, what with the Kamikazi protecting it. Nothing can survive passing through a Hurricane.

shadowdowclasper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ideas for Japan

Post  Grawflemaul on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

To me, knowing the sum total of fuck-all about Japan, Bushido and whatever else, it all seems a bit too anime. I mean, cutting a destroyer in half with one swipe? Cmon man, those things are huge.

I'm certainly cool with an independent Japan, protected from invasion by some never-ending Kamikaze Typhoon. Just not superior samurai chopping battleships in pieces with their katanas.

Grawflemaul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shadowdowclasper on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Granted, but I think we assume that Shinto's revival (which was a 1900's construction anyway since Buddhism stamped out the old matriarchal religion 500 years before ANYWAY), is the source of Japan's ability to fend off the Soviets >_>

shadowdowclasper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kawaii Krieg on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:26 pm

I personally think that while yes the idea of the Samurai Caste and Traditionalist views are a great idea it needs a little more, to keep it away from the anime like influences of other worlds. I propose more of a fanatically Shinto Japan, in comparison to "Jihadists" of our world.

Japan in it's early war hay day was doing well, there would be no doubt about that but what if because the Soviets hadn't been put in check by their Axis "Allies" they instead decided to reinforce their border and thus is why the Japanese never made a large move at the United States. The result was that Japan while ramped up for expansion focused too much on their potential enemy of the Soviets and ignored the Chinese front more than they should've, leaving a gap in promised expansion. To top of this off, the neglect of other fronts allowed other nations to swoop in and annex regions considered valuable to the Japanese Empire. By 1942, Japan had an enraged bureaucracy, a resource starved people/economy, and the intimidation of the world's powers. Even the supposed "Anti Comitern" Pact of years before had seemed to be abandoned in favor of The Reich's ambitions.

To them, there was only one choice left. The Lower Echelons backed the rising protests among Japan's populace to revert back to a more traditional society. Limited fighting occurred by as the Emperor himself caved in the limited Fascists that had overtaken the government before had fallen in quick succession. Japan then with it's limited territorial holdings in China and The Northern and Central Pacific fell into a state of Isolation. There over the years they with all their willpower brought back the Kami, The Oni, The Yokai, and all of Japan's seemingly forgotten mysticism. Samurai ride again with spirits following as the Wrath of Gods purged invading fleets with magnificent divine winds away from the Islands of The Rising Sun.

Japan now littered monsters, spirits, and the old warrior ways with new technologies has become a fanatical Shintoist state. It's warriors and their Gods determined to keep The East pure and bring back the glory of The Emperor but not under a bureaucracy but the Shogun.

Kawaii Krieg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top